University of IFP
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the safety of our staff and customer attendees we have cancelled our basic hydraulic customer training class in Cedar Rapids scheduled for April 22nd and June 24th. We will continue to post any further information on the status of our training classes affected by this outbreak.
University of IFP is the IFP Group of Companies' training program designed to educate class attendees on the basics of fluid power components and systems. Our entry level classes are applicable to both industrial and mobile hydraulic equipment and can help both maintenance and design personnel establish an introductory understanding of foundational hydraulic and pneumatic concepts and components.
The basic class is ideal for people new to fluid power system maintenance, design, or facility/onsite operations. It's also beneficial as a refresher class with valuable insight for those already working with fluid power. You'll learn to read symbol schematics, component maintenance & repair, troubleshooting best practices, safety procedures, and more.
Classes are offered throughout the year at our four locations In Cedar Rapids, Minneapolis, Kansas City (Olathe), and Houston. In addition to our scheduled classes, we also offer flexible custom training based on your equipment and requirements, held at your location or ours. Please contact your sales representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Hydraulics Class Overview
By the end of the basic IFP hydraulic class participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of schematic symbol reading for better troubleshooting and machine operation.
- Understand the differences between the various types of pumps.
- Learn how to design and maintain a good, cost effective pumping system.
- Understand the various pressure control valve types including their schematics and function.
- Understand the importance of hydraulic system filtration and contamination preventative maintenance.
- Learn the basic framework of troubleshooting and follow a prescribed method of preventative maintenance and system repair.
- Become familiar with hydraulic system accessories and their purpose.
- Schematic symbols
- Pumps (positive & non-positive pumping systems) - types: fixed & variable displacement pumps
- Proper pump startup
- Understanding pump viscosities & flow rates
- Valves - understanding pressure relief valves (direct acting balanced and pilot operated relief valves, plus basic relief valve concepts)
- Cylinders & Motors - types, special applications, parts & accessories
- Other valve types: pressure reducing, sequence, unloading, counterbalance, directional control valves, and proportional valves & circuits
- Motors - common types of motors, key considerations when specifying plus determining good application fit
- Accessories: including pressure gauges, desicant breathers, heat exchangers, pressure switches, accumulators, reservoirs
- Troubleshooting - pump evaluation, filtration (function, application & installation), basic hydraulic system operation & cleaning, lubrication principles, and scheduled maintenance routines
- Plus many more maintenance and system design tips and best practices
$495 per attendee
Class includes a catered lunch and break provisions, various hands on components & displays, workbook & study guide resources, and popular lunchbox sessions industrial hydraulic simulated and animated lessons by CD Industrial Group, Inc.
Basic Hydraulic Training - April 22nd, 2020 in Cedar Rapids, IA class itinerary
Basic Pneumatic Training - in Cedar Rapids, IA (tbd)
- We accept company PO or credit card
- You are not officially registered for tis class until payment has been received.
- 16 attendees for maximum class size