Back to Careers
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Travel: Up to 15%.
The IFP Project Engineer works in a team of multi-disciplined electrical, mechanical and automation controls engineers, draftspersons, automation specialists and clerical coordinators. While the Project Engineer takes responsibility of their individually assigned projects, the company provides extensive resources to engineers in support of their work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with customers to design systems for various manufacturing environments such as automotive, food, foundry, etc.
- Draw or supervise the drafting of schematics and physical layouts in AutoCAD or Inventor.
- Design and witness system tests.
- Document any design or as-built changes.
- Communicate with our in-house manufacturing group to ensure correct understanding of project scope, schematics, design, system requirements, and hours allowed.
- Define a system budget, control costs, work with vendors to obtain pricing, and set appropriate customer expectations.
- Oversee initial system set-up and troubleshooting at remote customer sites.
Typical projects include:
- Hydraulic power units using electric motors, pumps, valves, reservoirs, and manifolds
- Electrical control cabinets using PLCs, relays, motion controllers
- Automation projects using slides, cylinders, transducers
- Custom hydraulic manifolds
- Special, unique, projects and designs, specialty testing
Qualifications and Skills
- Able and willing to work beyond core business hours, if necessary, to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Proven ability to successfully interact and work with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong understanding of physics, materials and design principles.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
A demonstrated history of ability to coordinate multiple tasks, exhibit exemplary attention to detail, and capacity to learn new technologies quickly. Experience in a multi-disciplined environment a plus.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing plan with personal advisors
- Health club subsides
- Vacation and sick time, paid holidays at start date
IFP/EHA is a family owned business with family values and a great work atmosphere.
Back to Careers