EHA has the capability and the resources to refurbish valuable but outdated equipment with updated automation controls and safety devices.
Project: Refurbish customer’s numerous industrial press machines to achieve increased productivity, better mechanical performance and safety.
- To cost-effectively refurbish several pieces of similar equipment
- Keep components similar and interchangeable
- Decrease spare parts inventory
- Improve machine automation architecture
- Install equipment and verify with test pieces
A human-machine interface (HMI) is typically local to one machine or piece of equipment, and is the interface method between the human and the equipment/machine. An operator interface is the interface method by which multiple equipment that are linked by a host control system is accessed or controlled.
Each press was updated with a HMI (Human Machine Interface) which stores a recipe of data for each die change. Each die has a part number punched into the HMI and parameters are loaded specific to that die to control the position and tonnage for each part. Waste is virtually eliminated and setup time was greatly reduced to minimize change-over labor cost.
- The press has the capability to pass on information for recording cycle times and number of cycles over Ethernet network.
Better Mechanical Performance